- Every angler must be in possession of a valid Environment Agency rod licence and book in and pay the appropriate fee before fishing.
- Anglers under 12 years must be accompanied by and fish next to a responsible adult.
- Vehicles should be left in the designated car parks only and are parked at the owner’s risk.
- Please fish only from designated pegs
- If you are unfortunate to have an accident while on site, please report it to a member of staff before leaving the site.
- Fishing is not allowed beneath the electricity lines or between the marker buoys
- Help us keep the lakes clean by taking all your litter and line home. You are responsible for any litter at or around your peg.
- Please use the toilets provided.
- Pets are not allowed on site unless prior permission has been granted.
- Open fires and disposable barbeques are not permitted.
- Mobile ‘phones and audio devices may be used at low volume only or with headphones.
- All fish must be returned to the water after capture.
- Between-peg vegetation and bankside trees should not be trimmed or damaged.
- You are required to be civil to other anglers and the fisheries staff at all times.
- Wildlife must not be disturbed or damaged. If any wildlife becomes injured, hooked or entangled, please report this to a member of staff immediately.
- Fishing must be performed with a maximum of two rods and lines.
- Rods must not be left unattended, and all hooks must be barbless patterns only.
- Leads must be free-running – fixed leads are prohibited.
- You are required to bring and use an appropriate-sized landing net.
- Keepnets are permitted in bona fide matches only; carp sacks are not permitted at all.
- The possession and use of padded unhooking mats is an essential requirement for anglers fishing for specimen carp, pike and catfish.
- Wire traces must be used at all times for pike fishing.
- Please be considerate when using bite alarms and keep the volume to a minimum.
Please note that whilst fishing on Tara and Avoca lakes, anglers must have a cradle style weigh sling. All Carp and Cats must not be photographed while standing up and must have the weigh mat under the fish at all times. fish must also be transported to and from the water in the sling.
Anglers should also be in possession of a carp care kit on all carp waters.
These rules are for the safety of the fish and angler not in the possession of the correct kit will be asked to leave and no refund will be given.
- All baits and groundbait must be used in moderation only.
- Dog meat, cat meat and all forms of nuts are not allowed.
- The only pellets that may be used are those purchased on site.
- Live fish may not be used as bait.
- The only fish that may be brought onto site are deadbaits for predator fishing.
- Please take home or place in the lodge bins any unused bait and groundbait.